Open Enrollment Information
The 2014 Medical Open Enrollment period is coming soon. The Health Insurance Committee has met regularly to review bids and has determined the following plan for 2014:
Have questions about the upcoming Open Enrollment? Attend one of the meetings according to your contract. Visit the Employee Insurance website to learn more
- Education Minnesota/Edina will continue with PEIP (Public Employee Insurance Program) for medical insurance in 2014 and 2015.
- All other groups will move from PreferredOne to BlueCross BlueShield, offering the same medical insurance plans with a 4.96% increase (of overall premium) in 2014 and 15% rate cap in 2015.
- The district is adding voluntary vision insurance through EyeMed.
- There are no changes to dental, life, LTD, or personal accident insurance.
- Online enrollment will be open November 13-27. We recommend you attend a meeting prior to enrolling.
- Please watch dates carefully as the insurance website is updated, as there will be both 2013 and 2014 information for some time.
One person's trash is
another person's treasure.