Edina ECFE PTO
The Edina ECFE PTO is a board of 20-22 members that works to evaluate and approve the Edina Family Center program with the goal of establishing and maintaining a superior and cost-effective program for all participants.
- To assist in planning, implementing, and evaluating EFC programs
- To serve as a resource to staff in program preparation, outreach and delivery
- To recommend new areas of programming based on community needs and/or participant suggestions or recommendations
- To respond to the needs and concerns of the community, the EFC participants, and the CES Board
- To recommend and approve policies consistent with the goals of the program
- To serve as a sounding board and source of ideas for the EFC Coordinator
- To recommend ways to fully utilize the Edina Family Center
- To review, approve and monitor the EFC program budget proposed by the EFC Coordinator and the Executive Committee prior to and following its presentation to the CES Board
- To plan, organize and fund activities and events that support the mission of the EFC
The Edina ECFE PTO meets on the second Tuesday of each month during the school year, from 12:30 to 2:30 p.m. in room 165. The Executive Committee meets an additional time each month. Committees of the PTO include Fundraising, Marketing & Outreach, Legislative & Education and Benefit (every other year). Various committees have accountability for events including, but not limited to, the following: The Harvest Party, The Winter Service Project, The Benefit, The Spring Party, Government Rally Day and a Staff Appreciation Event.